Week 1 Update:
Build season has officially started! The theme for this year is Power Up!
During week 2 we finished prototyping our robot. This gave us a good idea of what we are going to build. Then we started to mill joints for our extending arm. With the frame welded, we began to see what we needed to do more clearly. We connected the mill joints to the parts of the arm and assembled one of the arms. It works pretty well. The gearboxes are proving to be a pain but we are slowly figuring it out.
During week three, we continued to assemble the arms and the base of the robot. We started our bumpers and were able to get the boards put together by the end of the week. As soon as we finished the base of the robot, we installed our driving system. Finally, we finished the new battery charging station that we named "Jell-o".
A quick little explanation about us:
We are First and VEX robotics teams. Like a well-oiled machine, 2993 MegaBots works as long and hard as possible to bring functioning and effective, robots to the field. From those who tighten the bolts, to those who schedule events, to those who design the shirts, we all work to effectively benefit the team.